Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Consolidate multiple email addresses with Gmail

My primary email account is now Gmail. I also have Yahoo and Hotmail accounts, which I opened years ago. These mostly receive emails from websites that I have registered with, and since those are rarely important, I don't normally check these accounts very often. However, every once in a while, a friend or acquaintance sends a mail to my Hotmail or Yahoo addresses, and several weeks pass before I read them.

I recently found an interesting article on Lifehacker which explained how you could consolidate multiple email addresses with Gmail. It worked for my Hotmail address, which accounts for most of my non-Gmail email. It didn't work with Yahoo!- I would have to upgrade to a 'Yahoo! Mail Plus' email account for $19.99 per year to pop or forward email to other accounts. So I guess I will wait till Microsoft takes over Yahoo!, and comes up with a hybrid Hotmail/Yahoo! mail service. I wonder what they would call that - Windows Live Hoomail?

No comments: